Monday, February 23, 2009

One Outta Three Ain't Bad.

Sigh. Got home and checked the mail, and found that University of Kansas said no, too. So no from UIC, no from UK...the two nos being my two top choices. I'm trying not to be too demoralized about that...I got in somewhere, and so I will go somewhere in August, and that's all good. But there is also a certain little bit of "What's wrong with me?" running through my head just now. Of course, there are a lot of valid answers to that particular question, but at the same time not many of those answers should be available to the people judging my Ph.D applications. So it's a bit demoralizing. Still and yet, though, I'm going somewhere, even if it isn't one of the places I really wanted to go. So. Anyway. That's all, with that. Fuck 'em...it's their loss, whether they know it or not. So.

2 comments:

  1. Boo! They don't know what they're missing out on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't take UIC too hard. They're having funding issues and are only taking 8 people where they usually take about 20. Only 3% of applicants were accepted. Had Bushy et al. not fucked over the economy, you probably would have been in.

    ReplyDelete